Company of Heroes 2 is a popular real-time strategy game that features intense action and require tactical planning. The game can be overwhelming for newcomers, but with a few tips, you’ll be leading your army to victory in no time. Here are some helpful tips for beginners:
- Plan your attacks ahead of time. Know what units you’re going to use and what their strengths and weaknesses are. This will help you make the most of your resources and avoid costly mistakes.
- Learn to use cover effectively. Your units will be much more effective if they’re huddled behind a building or barricade, rather than out in the open where they can be easily picked off by enemy fire.
- Use smoke grenades to obscure the vision of enemy units and give your units a chance to move into position without being seen.
- Keep an eye on the mini-map at the bottom corner of the screen. This will help you track the movements of enemy units and plan accordingly.
- Take advantage of terrain features such as elevation changes, forests, and rivers. These can give you a strategic advantage if used correctly.
- Be cautious when expanding your base. You don’t want to overextend yourself and leave your flanks vulnerable to attack.
- Pay attention to the icon above enemy units’ heads when they’re in range of your units’ weapons. This icon indicates whether the unit is suppressed or not, which can be a helpful indicator of when to attack or retreat.
- Use aircraft wisely. They’re expensive and vulnerable, so make sure you’re using them in situations where they can make the biggest impact.
- Try to keep your casualties to a minimum. In addition to being tragic, losing soldiers also costs you manpower points, which are necessary for building new units and structures.”